THIS SONG. THIS ONE.
- I don't even like country music, and I would find this kind of thing really embarassing!
- Can you tell my mother's never been married and fetishizes weddings, like a lot?
- THE BRIDGE IS SO INSULTING TO THE PROSPECTIVE GROOM.
I know he'll say that he's in love / But between you and me. he won't be good enough
WTF THAT IS NOT A WEDDING SONG
- I'm not even in the sort of relationship where marriage is part of the game plan.
- And as far as my mother knows, I'm single. Hence the title of this blog post.
- This song is explicitly from the perspective of a father? Which is kind of a sore spot for me, since I was raised by an abusive alcoholic single mother.
- Hey, thinking about that last bit, my mother is not actually going to be invited to any wedding I might hypothetically have someday in the distant future.
I suppose the fantasy won't hurt her for now since god only knows if I'll do a wedding in my life, but Jesus Christ is this just so disconnected from reality. I'd almost feel bad for her, if watching that video didn't make me feel like I need to take a shower.