Dear Kee,So, of course, I immediately emailed my senators:
Your phone calls are urgently needed now! President Obama has nominated David Ogden to be the second person in command in the U.S. office of the Attorney General! Ogden must be confirmed by the Senate.
Call your two senators and tell them to vote against the Ogden nomination. Ogden is no friend of the family.
• As an attorney in private practice, David W. Ogden has filed briefs pushing for gays in the military.
• He has litigated numerous obscenity and pornography cases on behalf of clients like Playboy, Penthouse, the ACLU and the largest distributor of hardcore pornographic movies.
In various cases, he has filed briefs opposing:
• parental notification before a minor’s abortion
• spousal notification before an abortion
• the military’s policy against public homosexuals serving in uniform
• the Children’s Internet Protection Act and the Child Protection and Obscenity Enforcement Act.
Make your phone call today! Get others to call. Tell your senators to vote against the nomination of David Ogden to the second position at the attorney general’s office.
I would just like to let you know that I (and several other Pittsburgh voters who I know personally, but who are unable to contact you) support the nomination of David Ogden to the second position at the Attorney General's office.Sometimes I find it useful to be on conservative mailing lists.
I appreciate that you will take our opinions into consideration and hopefully vote to confirm this nomination.